The Communications Coordinator will report to the Associate, Communications, and will be responsible for supporting the Communications team in organizing and assisting the execution of communication strategies. The Communications Coordinator’s role will include assisting the Communications team with scheduling, media monitoring, and administrative tasks in support of the overarching Schmidt Futures communications strategy
- Assist the communications team with media monitoring, scheduling, and various administrative tasks.
- Update and maintain the editorial calendar for the communications team.
- Assist the communications team with writing, editing, and drafting first draft of press releases, Q&A’s, pitch letters, bios, internal and external memos, newsletters, and communications collateral.
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporters and have a baseline understanding of how to pitch and work with the media.
- Meet deadlines and help coordinate and organize the various communications team’s projects.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Some of the desired capabilities include:
- A strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork ability and record of impact in high-intensity, team-based environments.
- Passion for making a difference in the world.
- Values-based, collaborative working style with demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Have 2+ years of experience in writing and content specialist type of role.
- Be based in New York and be able to travel within the U.S. and internationally on a regular basis as needed.
About Schmidt Futures
Schmidt Futures is a philanthropic initiative, founded by Eric and Wendy Schmidt, that finds exceptional people and helps them do more for others together. We knit talent into networks, bet on the most promising ideas through diverse forms of competition and support, and equip people to scale through partners and modern tools. To realize this vision, Schmidt Futures uses a broad set of tools — including gifts, grants, investments, and startup activity — for charitable, educational, and commercial efforts with a public purpose. Our initiative brings together the efforts of various charitable and non-charitable entities to improve our potential impact by making diverse types of capital available to the efforts we support.
Futures Action Network, LLC, which operates Schmidt Futures, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.